Sunday, January 6, 2013

My Top 5 Wax Tart Vendors and Favorite Scents

Items from my favorite vendors!

I've seen a few Top 5 Wax Vendor videos on YouTube and I like watching them! I wanted to share my top 5 vendors. If you read my blog, you'll probably be able to guess which vendors will be on this list based on my hauls. I am going to go in order of most wax purchased from a particular vendor:
  1. Front Porch Candle Co. - yup, most of my collection is from Front Porch. The majority of the tarts have a strong scent throw and I think the grubby tarts are the perfect size. I just toss one in the warmer and I'm good. I also like Angie's unique blends. Some of my favorite scents: Ultimate Bakery, Pink Sugar Cookie Dough Bread, Lavender Sugar Cookie Dough Bread, Ice Cream Scoop Bread, Zucchini Bread Cupcakes, Buttercream Drizzled Bread, Cinnamon Maple Bread, Chocolate Bread, Sweet Dreams and Cotton Candy Cookies. There are sooo many more though. But in reviewing my list, it appears I love Angie's bread scents. For those of you who are not familiar with Front Porch, most of of the bread blends are made with her Amish Friendship Bread, which actually smells more like creamy zucchini bread (not the spicy kind). When I've tried Amish Friendship Bread from other vendors, there's a slight almond or cherry note and Front Porch's doesn't have that.
  2. Candles from the Keeping Room - love Carol's tarts too. They also have a strong throw and customer service is excellent. Her products are truly ready to ship so I know I'll receive my order within a few days. In general, I like to cure my tarts for at least a week or two but the only exception to this rule is CFTKR. I think they're fine to toss in the warmer as soon as you get them. Some of my favorite scents are: Maple Buttercream Indian Bread, Harvest Indian Bread, Sugar Cookie Indian Bread, Pink Sugar Milk, Pink Sugared Serendipity, Serendipity Marshmallow Delight, Sugar Milk & Cookies and Caramel Sticky Buns Cornbread. From the list you can tell I am a fan of Carol's Indian Bread Blends. I don't know of any other vendor who carries this scent. 
  3. The Bathing Garden (Etsy) - the clamshells are just so cute! She has some unique scents too but I think the main draw for me is the amazing packaging. Most of the tarts have a strong to medium-strong throw as well. If they had no throw, I wouldn't repurchase no matter how cute the packaging may be. Some of my favorites: Bubbling Butter Brew, Tricky Banana Treats, Sleepy, Dream Within a Dream, Tinsel, Zucchini Cake Noel, Faerie Bonfire and Pirate Punch.
  4. Candles by Victoria - the scent list is huge, over 700 scents I think! And they have some super cute candles as well as alternative forms of wax such as Scoop Some Scent. Overall the scent shots have a strong throw and are long lasting. Some of my favorite scents are: Bella Swan, Bath Time with Pooh, Peace, Cold December Night, Cleopatra's Closet, Under the Harvest Moon, Three Ring Circus, Under the Big Top, Leesha, Trick or Treat, Treasure Island, Manhattan and Strawberry Danish. 
#5 is hard to choose because I own a lot of tarts from other vendors but in small amounts. I don't think I have a #5 yet although I would repurchase from Can-Do Candles, Lasting Scent Candles and Shayz Scentz. I'm sure there are a few more but those are the 3 that I can think of right now. Also, I have a few new orders coming in and maybe one of those vendors will be #5!

In the YouTube videos, the reviewer usually tags other people to do a Favorite Vendor list. So, I tag the following bloggers (provided they feel up to doing a post like this):
Who are your favorite vendors? Or if you have a wax blog, please link it below - I love discovering new blogs to read!

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with any of these companies.

2 comments:

  1. Fun! Since I was tagged, I will try to do a post for this tomorrow. I don't know if I have five either. I'll have to do some thinking!

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete